Why crane hire is necessary:
All around the world, cranes have become an indispensable tool for construction purposes. It is not always feasible to buy these cranes and regularly, the option of hiring a crane is more favourable. Crane hire can save you a lot of money and time but finding the right type of lifting equipment for the construction purpose is essential and one must have proper knowledge about the different types of cranes in the market.
5 major types of cranes:
1) All Terrain Cranes: These cranes are often used for demolition and lifting activities where access is not ideal. These mobile cranes have steady bases and are ideal for construction operations in challenging environments.
2) Normal cranes: Seen mostly in cities and villages for simple tasks such as road construction and building purposes. These cranes are often equipped with telescopic boom which can be moved with the help of pulleys and levers.
3) Floating cranes: Mostly seen on the ports, docks, etc. They are used to build bridges, ships and ports construction.
4) Loader cranes: These loader cranes are equipped with hydraulic cranes which have trailers that give power to booms. They are used for moving goods, for example onto a trailer.
5) Tower cranes: Taller building constructions and skyscrapers are built with the help of the tower cranes. Its boom is always perpendicular to the base.
The following factors must be considered while hiring any type of crane for your construction:
1) Availability of finance options: Some providers offer finance options and discounts on their service. You must look for these offers to save your money whenever you hire lifting equipment.
2) Easy availability of cranes as and when required: Look for companies who can provide cranes for hire as and when required. This means long term projects need long term contracts and short terms projects need short term contracts. The company should be able to provide cranes in time and whenever they are needed.
3) Look for specialized suppliers: Hiring a crane from an experienced crane supplier can be beneficial in the long run because these suppliers usually have more functional and technical expertise about specific types of cranes. This knowledge will often help you whenever you face any types of crane related difficulties during construction time.
4) Provision of Driver: Many lifting machines with high lifting capacity require a licence to use, many crane hire companies are able to provide a driver when hiring out a crane.